At Smith Roofing, we are here for you when disaster strikes. No one is enthused to navigate the complex insurance process, but we are here to help take that burden off you. If your home or business sustains damage, you are not alone. Smith Roofing is here to help you get through the complicated insurance process, ensure you get the settlement you deserve by advocating on your behalf, then prove the proper workmanship. Your roof will be restored to full functionality.
Here When You Need Us
No one can predict when Mother Nature is going to strike, but when she does, you’re likely not the only one who sustained damage. Calling inexperienced roofing contractors, or storm chasers, can create more of a headache for you. Instead, our team is local to the area and here to help you in your time of need.
Unsurprisingly, insurance companies are not enthused to pay out claims. In fact, they will try to deny claims in as many cases as they can. When you work with our professional team, you won’t have to worry about that. We will fight for you by going head-to-head- with your insurance company on your behalf. We will ensure that your legitimate roofing claim is honored and that your insurance company covers their portion of the repairs.
Steps for an Insurance Claim
In order to have a smooth claims process, there are a series of steps that we like to follow. This process is for both homeowners and business owners.
- Have our team inspect your roof before calling the insurance company.
- In order to ensure that your roof has truly sustained damage, we suggest having our professional technicians check for damage. If we do note damage has been sustained, we’ll move forward with the next steps. Alternately, if no damage has been sustained, you won’t be penalized for filing an insurance claim.
- Tarp any areas that need it immediately.
- Call your insurance company to make the claim.
- Insurance adjuster inspects your property.
- During this time we will meet your adjuster at your home/office. Having someone on your side during these inspections can speed up the process and avoid having a reinspection. As mentioned above, insurance companies like to deny claims the first time. We can skip this step by meeting them at your property the first time.
- Review scope of work.
- The insurance company will provide you a detailed breakdown of all the work they are approving. We will review it with you to ensure everything is covered. In the event something isn’t, we’ll work with your insurance company to correct it.
- Begin your roofing project.
- Send final paperwork to insurance company.
If you have a project that will require an insurance claim, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our team. We would be happy to assist you every step of the way. Call 260-799-9999 to get started.